Friday, October 23, 2009

Blog AWOL

So I have been taking a hiatus, or maybe a sabbatical, but really - I have just been plain busy. But who isn't? What does the term "busy" even mean anymore. It is one of those misnomers we so frequently use - because we think we have to be busy to be productive, or because it is an easy response to "how have you been?" So I declare a strike on "busy" - on the word, and everything it implies.

But I digress....

What does having many to-do's and not enough time in the day (how's that for a strike!) have to do with making things from scratch?

Well, as with anything that is planned and contains thought - it just works out better. I find this true for food. When I plan out my meals - they are healthier, cheaper, and I feel so much better knowing that after a long day I don't have to think about one more thing.

So let's throw mismanaged time out the door and PLAN a few meals, a grocery list, time to cook - and most of all - time to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment