Sunday, August 9, 2009

Trek for Yogurt

Upon waking on Saturday, Grayson (my 14 month old son) and I set out on a walk for our half-gallon of milk to make yogurt. That's the thing about blogging - there is a certain level of accountability that comes with it! We walked over the river and through the woods - well really, about a half mile - to Safeway. On the walk, I decided to use milk from our local dairy (Graff Dairy) so we continued on (another block or so). Thing about local vendors, they often want cash only - which I rarely have. After fishing for two dollars of quarters, dimes, and nickles, I then had to jump up and down shouting "hello!" (to which Grayson also started shouting "hi!") to get the employee's attention in the back. Apparently they don't have too many customers at 6:30am on a Saturday. $2.00 for half-gallon of milk - mission accomplished!

We still had to go back to Safeway for the other items on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment