Monday, August 31, 2009

My Latest Projects

I have been in a crafty mood lately. Here are the results....I am learning to knit!! I started while in a meeting in Denver. I was bored and watching a women knit in front of me. I talked to her on one of the breaks, and mentioned how I was wanting to learn. She said if I came back the next day with needles and yarn - she would teach me - and she did! This is the start of my scarf!

I made a few "reconditioned" cards - from previously used items. The above card is from my leftover wedding invitations and my dad's old daytimer. "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without!" I gave this card to my sister for her birthday.

Here are the rest of the cards from the batch.

My last project of the weekend - a painted onsie for Grayson!! I purchased a pack of white onsies that I plan to applique, paint, and anything else that catches my fancy. For this particular one - I dyed it in tea to create a nice kakhi color, and then painted on these fun trees!

2 comments:

  1. You're a girl after my own heart! Welcome to the knitting club--it's the best hobby ever! And I love that onsie for Grayson. Great job--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the inspiration!! Now if I could only learn what to do beyond knit and purl - or something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete